Tomato Mushroom Basil Soup
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 3 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 16 oz mushroom, chopped
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Salt, to taste
- Sauté onion and garlic in a stockpot with 1-2 Tbsp. of water.
- Add sweet potato, tomatoes, bell pepper, mushrooms, vegetable broth, and basil, and bring to a boil.
- Add salt, sugar, and nutritional yeast, and cook until the potato is tender.
- Blend with immersion blender. Thin with water if necessary.
Recipe Credit: Susan Wesley